Storyist Forums

Essays

rvinge

New User

Other than creating Novels can Storyist be used for Essays? I plan on starting writing for my Church bulletin on verses in the Bible, approx. 250 words per issue. Will Storyist handle that also can those essays be sent to the bulletins editor through email for submission?

Hi CPD,

There's no reason that Storyist can't be used for anything that you would use another text editor for. I think the question is, will you be using any of the specific features of Storyist? If all you're doing is typing, saving, and emailing, Storyist will work, but so will any other program. Storyist includes lots of specially designed features for including notes, plot, character, and setting sheets, and so on. Will you be including research and notes for every essay you write? That might use some of Storyist's specific features and be worth it. But if you're just writing text, that can be done on any application, including the free TextEdit that came with your Mac.

As far as I know, there is only one word processor that has a built-in "send via email" command, and that is Microsoft Word or Open Office (the free version of MS Word); it seems like those are very complicated programs (and in the case of Word, expensive) to use just for a "mail to" command. Your best bet is to use your email client of choice—Apple Mail, Google Mail on the web, Facebook eMail, whatever it is—and manually attach the file. So you would write your file in Storyist (or TextEdit, or whatever) and then Save the file to your hard drive, at which point you'd switch to your email client and then choose "attach file" and attach the essay that you just wrote. Forgive me if you knew that already, just trying to be clear.

Anyway, there is a demo of Storyist, so my suggestion would be to download it, try writing a sample essay, and see if you feel like it's helping you organize and write your Bible essays.

Hope that helps,

Orren

Archived