Storyist Forums

Template questions

WritersBlock

Using Templates  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the included templates or make your own?

• I use the included templates
    • I create my own templates
    • I use both the included templates and my own

I have a couple of questions about saving and deleting Templates. These questions are closely related, but different. I hope I express myself clearly. :).

1. How do I delete a template from the Template Chooser? I created a few templates that I no longer want. How do I get the icons out of the Chooser?

2. After updating and saving a template that I'm working on, the next time I open the Template Chooser, there are duplicate icons of my template in the chooser. Is it supposed to do that?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer. :)

Hi, Writer's Block--

Templates are regular .story files stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ stands for the name of your home folder. Just navigate there and delete any templates you no longer want. They will no longer appear in the Chooser.

If you happen to be using Lion, the Library is hidden by default. Choose Go to Folder from the Go menu and type ~/Library in the dialogue box that appears, then navigate to Application Support/Storyist/Templates.

There should not be duplicates of your templates in the Chooser. Most likely, you will find two closely related templates in the Templates folder. Just delete the older ones.

And welcome to the forums.

Marguerite

Hi Steve.

What if I both use the included templates and create my own? Your poll doesn't allow me to check both.

Also, you might want to change the grammar of the poll the question from "Do use the included templates or make your own?" to "Do you use the included templates or make your own?"

No rush.

And welcome the the forums, WritersBlock.

-T

Hi, Writer's Block--

Templates are regular .story files stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ stands for the name of your home folder. Just navigate there and delete any templates you no longer want. They will no longer appear in the Chooser.

If you happen to be using Lion, the Library is hidden by default. Choose Go to Folder from the Go menu and type ~/Library in the dialogue box that appears, then navigate to Application Support/Storyist/Templates.

There should not be duplicates of your templates in the Chooser. Most likely, you will find two closely related templates in the Templates folder. Just delete the older ones.

Marguerite

Thanks for your response. I thought I did that, but, I'll try again. :)

Hi Steve.

What if I both use the included templates and create my own? Your poll doesn't allow me to check both.

Also, you might want to change the grammar of the poll the question from "Do use the included templates or make your own?" to "Do you use the included templates or make your own?"

No rush.

And welcome the the forums, WritersBlock.

-T

Thanks, Thoth. I made the poll. I fixed it. Thanks for your input. :)

Hi, Writer's Block--

Marguerite

OK, I checked on it this morning and it worked perfectly. No need to delete anything. I'm not sure why it was acting weird last night, but thank you for your kind responses and I'm glad it gave me a reason to post in the forums. :)

Archived