Storyist Forums

Removing programmed text

rvinge

Hey,

First, I'm new to writing other than case and arrest reports for Chicago Police Dept. Now retired with time to write and after an exhaustive search of the writing software that is available I chose Storyist and purchased the same.

Second, do I have to delete the pre existing text to operate from a blank screen when starting a novel, that goes with character, plot and other templates available. I am talking about the text not the template proper.

Please excuse my ignorance in these matters, just anxious to get started. This something I wanted to do for a long time. Thanks for your time.

Hello CPD.

Second, do I have to delete the pre existing text to operate from a blank screen when starting a novel...

No. You don't have to delete anything but you can.

You can even create your own templates so all your new Storyist projects begin in a familiar way.

I would advise anyone new to Storyist to read over the Help>Show Getting Started Guide.

Then go to the website and watch the teaching videos.

Or not. It's up to you. I enjoyed just messing around with the program at first.

Reading the instructions first is probably less frustrating but not as much fun (for me, at least).

Have fun, CPD.

You have a powerful but versatile tool in your hands.

-T

Archived