Storyist Forums

Deleting Templetes/Saving Drafts

Zareh

Dear Zareh:

Templates are stored in the ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates folder, where ~ stands for the name of your home folder. If you are running 10.7 (Lion), Apple has "helpfully" hidden your library, and you have to click on the Go menu in the Finder to get to it. The templates are regular .story files, so just drag the ones you don't want to the trash.

To save drafts of your work in progress, choose Back Up from the File menu within Storyist, type an identifying comment, and click Back Up. To see the backups (including restoring from a backup, opening a copy, or deleting ones you no longer need), choose Backups from the File menu, and Storyist will present you with a list of yours and ones the program itself has created.

Welcome to the forums,

Marguerite

I erroneously created some templates that I would like to delete. Any suggestions how?

Of course, M has this exactly right, Zareh.

This is such a frequently asked question that I have come to believe it needs more than an explanation in the manuel. I think it needs a one or two click solution from within Storyist itself. Just as we have a Save As Template command, I think there should be a Delete Template command right below it. Or perhaps it would be better to have a Delete button on the template Chooser.

What do you think, Steve? M? Zareh?

I should move this to Feature Requests.

-Thoth.

Archived