Storyist Forums

HIde Text

nickfedoroff

I'd like to be able to highlight a piece of text and mark it "Hidden" so that it's not displayed in the main flow, but the text isn't deleted from the manuscript. It's like non-destructive delete.

This would be really handy when you think you might want to cut a whole paragraph or section. Rather than cutting it and saving it elsewhere and having to remember where it belongs (or that there was actually text there before), it would just live in the background and you could turn it back on whenever you wanted. The text could be marked with an icon like the Comment or Bookmark icons and un-hidden by clicking the icon.

Best,

Nick

Hello Rivergod.

Yes, I too want an Invisible Style and a toggle to turn these invisibles off and on. Since we don't have one, what I do is Cut chunks (one or more) and place them into Comments. Then I place a Bookmark next to a string of (one or more) Comments and give the Bookmark an explanatory name, Then I Hide Comments and Bookmarks, which makes the markers disappear from the screen. They don't show up on a printout either.

Steakpirate and I had this conversation back in 2009. (Click here to review.) Steve (a.k.a. Our Fearless Leader) never commented on it. I fear that there is more to this "Invisible Styles" option than he is letting on. ;)

Curious.

-Thoth

• 3 weeks later...

Archived