Storyist Forums

Lost my NaNo

hippiechyck

BUT i still have Q!!!

Wednesday morning as i was rushing around to get ready for Bible study, i spilled my WHOLE glass of OJ onto my MacBook and iPhone :unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r:

i am completely convinced that iPhones are indestructable, although Data has never been totally submerged in a bucket (or toilet or anything else)

Q has a few sticky keys, but he's up and running fine with the exception of having lost my open NaNo story...but i have it posted on another writing forum i'm part of

i am now disallowed any food and drink by Q :lol: per my family

it's been a few scary days!

i am completely convinced that iPhones are indestructable, although Data has never been totally submerged in a bucket (or toilet or anything else)

Just orange juice?

Have you tried

or
?

Wishing you every good fortune with your plastic beasts and November Novel.

-Thoth

BUT i still have Q!!!

Wednesday morning as i was rushing around to get ready for Bible study, i spilled my WHOLE glass of OJ onto my MacBook and iPhone :unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r:

Q has a few sticky keys, but he's up and running fine with the exception of having lost my open NaNo story...but i have it posted on another writing forum i'm part of

i am now disallowed any food and drink by Q :lol: per my family

it's been a few scary days!

Oh my! I'm glad everything (including your NaNo story on another writing forum) is okay. Is Q the name of you MacBook and Data is your iPhone?

-W

:huh: i though i posted it here...must have been elsewhere

Q is my MacBook because he knows all, is slightly intimifating and you just never know what he'll come up with

Data is my phone since he's handy, can tell me anything at any time and he tends to correct his own spelling :P

Your Thanksgiving guests won't mind cold pizza. It's all in the service of art, right? :lol:

Nice graphic, Thoth.

Thanks.

Pointless Piece of Information: The closest pizza pallor to me sells turkey topped pizza on Turkey Day. I don't know if this is brilliant or very very sad.

-T

:huh: i though i posted it here...must have been elsewhere

Q is my MacBook because he knows all, is slightly intimifating and you just never know what he'll come up with

Data is my phone since he's handy, can tell me anything at any time and he tends to correct his own spelling :P

Hi Hippiechyck.

Love your names.

My 13" MacBook Air is Dale (as in Airdale-kind of dumb I know by she responds well when called) while my best friend named hers Jane (as in Jane Eyre-I though that was kind of inventive). We purchased our Airs together so we thought we should name them similarly. My 11" MacBook Air is Puff because it's so small and would blow away in the wind like a Dandelion puff.

-W

Ladies, you are all very imaginative.

My first computer (built from a kit) I called WhatZit, because everyone kept asking me, "What's it do?". To be candid: not much. My current computer (an iMac) is called Pooter, partially as a play on "computer" and partly because of the "pooting" (or flatulent) sound the internal hard disk makes when first starting up.

:)

-T

FYI-1: Actual definition of pooter: A glass jar used for collecting small insects; the jar has two tubes, one is sucked so the other can pull the insect into the jar.

FYI-2: From Pooterish, meaning self-important yet mundane or narrow-minded. Something no computer should be.

Ladies, you are all very imaginative.

My first computer (built from a kit) I called WhatZit, because everyone kept asking me, "What's it do?". To be candid: not much. My current computer (an iMac) is called Pooter, partially as a play on "computer" and partly because of the "pooting" (or flatulent) sound the internal hard disk makes when first starting up.

:)

-T

FYI-1: Actual definition of pooter: A glass jar used for collecting small insects; the jar has two tubes, one is sucked so the other can pull the insect into the jar.

FYI-2: From Pooterish, meaning self-important yet mundane or narrow-minded. Something no computer should be.

Gentleman,

Great names especially WhatZit because I would have asked the same question way back when. I knew I guy whose accent was so strong that when he said computer it did sound like pooter. He was from somewhere south or west of here.

My 27'iMac is Goliath (called up after Goliath from my brother's favorite cartoon 'Gargoyles'). My Kindle DX is Optimus Prime and my Kindle Keyboard is Bumble Bee from Transformers, of course.

-W

PS-Thoth you are just about the most imaginative guy I've ever come across. And I mean that as a compliment :unsure:

Gentleman,

What? Who came in?

Great names, especially WhatZit because I would have asked the same question way back when. I knew I guy whose accent was so strong that when he said computer it did sound like pooter. He was from somewhere south or west of here.

South or West? Well, I guess that narrows it down. Probably a Latvian.

My 27'iMac is Goliath (called up after Goliath from my brother's favorite cartoon 'Gargoyles'). My Kindle DX is Optimus Prime and my Kindle Keyboard is Bumble Bee from Transformers, of course.

Interesting. There's a lot of that going around. The daughter of a neighbor calls her computer Cheetera (after the cheetah-woman from ThunderCats) because she (the computer) is so fast.

PS-Thoth you are just about the most imaginative guy I've ever come across. And I mean that as a compliment :unsure:

Then why did you use the "unsure" emoticon? It doesn't matter. The compliment is gleefully accepted.

almost to 40K ;) i guess i'll have to make the turkey

Include the event in your story! Don't let any part of your life go to waste.

AFTER the Parade, naturally :P

Looking forward to it too. When I was a kid I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in person. Now I think I can appreciate it more on TV.

i love the names we all come up with; they really are part of us, aren't they?

Indeed. More and more so all the time. But is this a good thing or a bad thing.

Or does it transcend good and bad and is now part of our conjoined evolution.

Waxing philosophically,

-Thoth

Archived