Storyist Forums

Stage play

hopeso

Very new to Storyist and feel very stupid that I can't figure things out. Hope you can help.

I can get into Stage Play manuscript. Was looking for a blank page, but it comes up with the sample manuscript from Storyist. I started to write over that text and it did replace. But later on the format was lost--e.g., wouldn't automatically show character name in the center.

And do you need to manually place directions--e.g. goes to door? Or is there a auto format for that?

Nowhere to go except up.

Thanks.

The sample manuscript stores the styles, so that you can easily format text for screenplay, novel, or stage play. I'm not sure why your formatting got lost. Did you use the Tab key to cycle through the styles? Did you try to apply them using the small window at the bottom or via the Inspector (the i on blue circle button in the toolbar)?,

Marguerite (who seldom uses the Stage Play template)

Hi hopeso,

Welcome!

Very new to Storyist and feel very stupid that I can't figure things out. Hope you can help.

I can get into Stage Play manuscript. Was looking for a blank page, but it comes up with the sample manuscript from Storyist. I started to write over that text and it did replace. But later on the format was lost--e.g., wouldn't automatically show character name in the center.

In the Mac version, the current style is listed in the styles popup at the bottom of the view. If you expect to be in "Character" mode and aren't seeing the autocompletion, check the style and reapply the "Character" style if necessary.

And do you need to manually place directions--e.g. goes to door? Or is there a auto format for that?

You can use the "Stage Direction" style for that.

-Steve

Archived