Storyist Forums

Synopsis

dennis7490

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forums.

I am a software dolt, so forgive. but I'm a decent writer. Anyway, i cannot find the "synospsis" area. i cannot find the word "synopsis" anywhere in the program, except in the help section, but not in the program itself.

Section and scene sheets contain a synopsis (summary) field. To create a section sheet, click the Project button in the toolbar and choose Section Sheet. You'll find more information on story sheets here: http://storyist.com/support/users-guide/working-with-story-sheets/#ug-about-story-sheets

-Steve

thanks, Steve.

i found it and it went to the bookmark section. Is this the default? is there a visual tutorial for Storyist?

Thanks,

Dennis

p.s. I am of the bay boomer generation and struggle with software constantly. My son laughs at me. What I look for in software are a few key elements that i cannot live without. I chose Storyist over Srivenor for one very simple fact. In the full screen section it breaks up the pages and numbers them. Having come from the typewriter generation this is essential for me. i can't write in a "scroll" method.

Hi Dennis,

i found it and it went to the bookmark section. Is this the default?

This is the default for section/scene sheets.

is there a visual tutorial for Storyist?

There are several. You'll find them here: http://storyist.com/support/howto/

The Storyist for Screenwriters intro covers the interface too, so you might want to give that a viewing even if you're writing fiction.

p.s. I am of the bay boomer generation and struggle with software constantly. My son laughs at me. What I look for in software are a few key elements that i cannot live without. I chose Storyist over Srivenor for one very simple fact. In the full screen section it breaks up the pages and numbers them. Having come from the typewriter generation this is essential for me. i can't write in a "scroll" method.

Thanks for choosing Storyist!

-Steve

Well, Steve. I just watched the tutorial video on what Storyist does. I will never remember half of it, (or a quarter of it) but if anyone needs more than that to write a screenplay (and i have written many and had a few produced) they should choose another profession. Pretty amazing.

Ciao,

Dennis

Thanks. i will view it many times.

But, i have two other issues that need to be resolved.

1 - I imported the beginning of a script from Final Draft into Storyist. I continued writing in final Draft, but NOW would like to bring it all over to Storyist to continue writing in Stiryist. Do I cut and paste? Do I import from final Draft and will it overwrite? What is the best way to do it. it's less than 10 additional pages. Cut and paste would be easiest...I think.

2 - How do i back up the entire file to an external drive? I would like to have the SCRIPT, CHARACTER NOTES, SYNOPSIS, etc. under one file on an external drive. I'm assuming they are all connected in Storyist already.

thanks,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

1 - I imported the beginning of a script from Final Draft into Storyist. I continued writing in final Draft, but NOW would like to bring it all over to Storyist to continue writing in Stiryist. Do I cut and paste? Do I import from final Draft and will it overwrite? What is the best way to do it. it's less than 10 additional pages. Cut and paste would be easiest...I think.

Cut and paste is probably the easiest.

2 - How do i back up the entire file to an external drive? I would like to have the SCRIPT, CHARACTER NOTES, SYNOPSIS, etc. under one file on an external drive. I'm assuming they are all connected in Storyist already.

The easiest thing to do is probably just to save or copy your Storyist project to the drive.

Note that Storyist does automatically backup your projects (if you don't turn the feature off). So if you're using Time Machine, you're already backing up to an external drive.

-Steve

Archived