Storyist Forums

Insert section title

r.hirokawa

Greetings R. Hirokawa

(1)I want to insert section title instead of section separator '#'. Can I change the section separator?

The section separator is how Storyist recognizes the end of a section, so you can't remove it without merging sections. But if you want, you can always Copy the name from the Project window and then Paste the section name at the top of your text in the section. (Does anyone have a better way?)

(2)How can I insert section title of the first section of the first chapter into the manuscript ?

Once again, Copy & Paste (unless I am not understanding the question, which is entirely possible). Note that the chapter names (in the Project window) automatically appears at the top of the chapters.

Hope that helps. If not you may want to make a Feature Request.

-Thoth

Hi r.hirokawa,

Welcome.

(1)I want to insert section title instead of section separator '#'. Can I change the section separator?

(2)How can I insert section title of the first section of the first chapter into the manuscript ?

As Thoth mentioned, there isn't a mechanism to insert the section title for body text sections, but if you always want section titles to appear in the manuscript, you could simply create a heading-level style called Section Title and apply it to your section titles in the manuscript.

-Steve

Archived