Storyist Forums

Short Story Template

pjl

Here's a short story template I just whipped up for use with Storyist. Please feel free to test this and leave me any suggestions.

Download here: Short Story Template

EDIT: Didn't realise we could upload files :unsure: Here's the file again Short_Story.story

Sorry if this has been answered already.

When I use this template I get a header on the first page which I'd love to remove, and I also get a thin rule around each text box. This I'd DEFINITELY like to remove. I've tried both versions of the program.

Any suggestions anyone?

BTW, I've asked this in a separate post. Sorry.

Best to all, CM.

Sorry if this has been answered already.

When I use this template I get a header on the first page which I'd love to remove, and I also get a thin rule around each text box. This I'd DEFINITELY like to remove. I've tried both versions of the program.

Any suggestions anyone?

BTW, I've asked this in a separate post. Sorry.

Best to all, CM.

See my response under troubleshooting.

Best,

M

• 1 year later...

Tired to download the Short Story Template, but the link no longer exists...

Anyone got a fresh link?

Best...

Hi Serpententacle.

The Short Story Template should have downloaded with your copy of Storyist app. If you click ALL in the Template Chooser (which appears when you start by clicking on the application), you should find the Short Story Template positioned 2nd to last. Failing that, check to see if the ~Home> Library> Application Support> Storyist> Templates contains the file "Short_Story.story".

If all else fails, try this: Short_Story.story

- Thoth.

Did you click on the link that says Short_story.story in Captain Marsupial's original post? I just did, and the forums tried to open the file on my iPad, so it must still be there.

You have to install it by dragging it to Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates inside your home folder. Next time you start Storyist, it should be there, ready for selection.

Best,

M

• 1 year later...

A suggestion on using this template:

- This is a fairly old template which was apparently created with Storyist 1 and can't be read in that original format by iPad Storyist (so the message said), so just open it as a project on the Mac and save it (or save as a template) to the Dropbox as Short-Story.story; open it on iPad and it's fine. Saving it converts the file to a Storyist 2 document which is functonal on the iPad app.

Archived