Storyist Forums

Novel & Hero Adventure

Thoyd Loki

Is there anyway to work with both templates in the same project? I am guessing not, or at least not an obvious one. I like to use the Novel and Hero Adventure structures to get a sort of multi-perspective on my stories.

Would there be a way to copy all the folder files of the Hero Adventure and paste them as a subfolder within the Notebook. Or some other sort of thing that isn't leaping out at me.

I know I could start a Hero Adventure and then add chapters and sections under the categories, but I only loosely follow the Hero Adventure. More of a reference than anything else.

Thanks if anyone has ideas!

Thoyd

Is there anyway to work with both templates in the same project? I am guessing not, or at least not an obvious one. I like to use the Novel and Hero Adventure structures to get a sort of multi-perspective on my stories.

Would there be a way to copy all the folder files of the Hero Adventure and paste them as a subfolder within the Notebook. Or some other sort of thing that isn't leaping out at me.

I know I could start a Hero Adventure and then add chapters and sections under the categories, but I only loosely follow the Hero Adventure. More of a reference than anything else.

Thanks if anyone has ideas!

Thoyd

Hi, Thoyd:

Steve made such a template for me. You can find it in the Sharing section of the forums. The thread is called "Hero Template for Marguerite."

Click on the link to download it, then copy the resulting .story file to ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ is your home folder. It will then show up in the Chooser window when you start Storyist, or you can set it as the default for all new documents through Storyist/Preferences.

You can adapt the styles to suit your own way of working and resave it as a template if you like.

Best,

Marguerite

You can find it in the Sharing section of the forums. The thread is called "Hero Template for Marguerite."

It's a link at the bottom of Post #1 (under: Storyist Forums>Storyist>Sharing>Hero Template for Marguerite). "Hero Template for Marguerite" is the third thread in the Sharing list of threads. If it inspires some structural insights and you modify it and save it as a different template you might consider posting "Hero Template for Thoyd" in Sharing (or not, as you please).

-Thoth.

Click on the link to download it, then copy the resulting .story file to ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ is your home folder. It will then show up in the Chooser window when you start Storyist, or you can set it as the default for all new documents through Storyist/Preferences.

You can adapt the styles to suit your own way of working and resave it as a template if you like.

Best,

Marguerite

Hey thanks! One question though. I have no such folder as you describe above. That path ends at /Storyist . In there is a single file that is the license. I'll create a folder with that name and drop it in there - see what happens. I predict nothing, but worth a try.

Thanks again!

Hey thanks! One question though. I have no such folder as you describe above. That path ends at /Storyist . In there is a single file that is the license. I'll create a folder with that name and drop it in there - see what happens. I predict nothing, but worth a try.

Thanks again!

Never-mind, I solved it. I don't know where the Template folder is, but I just opened the file and then saved it as template. If I do tweak it, I'll offer it as an an alternate.

I don't know where the Template folder is...

For the archives: The template folder is in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates where "~" is your home directory, but you won't see a "Templates" folder until you save a file as a template.

You can manually create it if you want.

-Steve

Archived