Storyist Forums

First YA Novel, Firebird Alex, is available now!

I'm not a new user, but I do have news:

I have just released my latest novel, Firebird Alex!

It's an urban fantasy story, and I'd say that it fits into the YA (young adult) and NA (new adult) categories. Here's the back cover blurb:

Alex knows she’s different; other girls don’t burst into flames when they get angry. After she nearly burned the house down when she was twelve, her mother confessed that her father was a demon.

Now eighteen and mourning the death of her mother, Alex sinks inside herself until she discovers a dagger that can open a portal into her father’s realm. Although she yearns to meet her father, nothing terrifies her more. When an unknown threat from across the portal menaces her friends and her loved ones, Alex knows she must act.

Alex will do anything to save her friends—even risk appealing to her father. She knows that to face a tormentor from across the portal, she’ll need to learn to fight fire with fire.

This is the first book in "The Sedumen Chronicles," with books 2 and 3 to follow in the near future.

Thanks, and please check it out if it sounds interesting!

Orren

Congratulations, Orren! I have been hiding out, getting The Winged Horse ready for press. It's up now, although I'm holding the formal announcement until the Amazon computers figure out that the print and Kindle editions have the same author and title because they are, like, the same book. :)

Good luck with Firebird Alex!

Best,

M

Congratulations, Orren! I have been hiding out, getting The Winged Horse ready for press.

Thank you—and congrats to you too!

It's up now, although I'm holding the formal announcement until the Amazon computers figure out that the print and Kindle editions have the same author and title because they are, like, the same book. :)

Yup, I know exactly how that goes!

Orren

Archived