Storyist Forums

Hiding Links

Steve E

I would like an option similar to Hide Section Titles for links. They are useful in the manuscript text when you're working but can also be a distraction (and you certainly don't want them to show up when you print, or show up in blue). So, if possible, I like to be able to:

1. Hide Links (in manuscript only)

2. Turn Links Off (in manuscript only, so they are not underlined or blue)

The "problem" with printing is that we have two ways of using links. Often my links are part of the text (e.g., My friend John had a gun.) Sometimes you just don't want to see a blue underlined word in your text. But other times the link is definitely not part of the text (My friend John had a gun. See Protagonist) and you want it completely removed, especially when printing.

I've been thinking a lot about links lately. Thanks for listening.

-Thoth.

I would like an option similar to Hide Section Titles for links. They are useful in the manuscript text when you're working but can also be a distraction (and you certainly don't want them to show up when you print, or show up in blue). So, if possible, I like to be able to:

2. Turn Links Off (in manuscript only, so they are not not underlines or blue)

The "problem" with printing is that we have two ways of using links. Often my links are part of the text (e.g., My friend John had a gun.) Sometimes you just don't want to see a blue underlined word in your text. But other times the link is definitely not part of the text (My friend John had a gun. See Protagonist) and you want it completely removed, especially when printing.

-Thoth.

Yes, I second this request. Makes lots of sense. Thanks, Thoth.

Marguerite

2. Turn Links Off (in manuscript only, so they are not underlined or blue)

Sounds good to me too. I third it.

I'm sorry. What was that?

IF

Archived