Storyist Forums

Updating progress

GediWorrier

Hi everyone. A question about writing goals and progress.

I have it pretty well sorted on the Mac, and I understand that this is not (yet) a feature on iPad. However, one thing that bugs me, because I like to track daily progress and I am now doing more writing on the iPad, is that it seems that daily totals do not count any text I write on the iPad. So if I jam in 500 words on the iPad, they will sync to Mac OK, and the total words will reflect the total OK, but my daily words will be 0! Arrrghhh!

Does this seem right, or am I missing something? Does anyone else find this?

Hi GediWorrier,

OK, so the total word count is correct, but the daily totals aren't updating? The daily word count should still reflect the number of words added since the last time the project was edited on your Mac. If this is not the case, try adding a character to your document (and let me know if this is necessary). If you're still not seeing the updated daily counts, send a quick email to the support at storyist dot com address and we'll investigate.

-Steve

OK, I was incorrect. Syncing between iPad and Mac using Dropbox: All words come across OK, but neither the total nor the daily progress scores update. Total wordcount on iPad manuscript = 2,827, total wordcount on Mac manuscript after sync = 2,784. The difference of 43 words is what I wrote on the iPad. Daily total is blank because Mac has not counted anything written on the iPad.

I will send an email.

• 4 months later...

Hi Rosemary,

Storyist 3.1.1 for iOS updates the stats so that Storyist for Mac can see them. It's been in the review queue at Apple for about a week and should be available tomorrow or Tuesyday.

In the meantime, just continue editing on Mac as you would normally. The first time you make a change to the text, Storyist for Mac will update the stats for you.

-Steve

Nope--words written on your iOS device will not be counted by Mac's daily word counter.

I can confirm this behaviour. The total word count updates correctly, but the words typed in a day does not. Hopefully the fix in the works:

Storyist 3.1.1 for iOS updates the stats so that Storyist for Mac can see them. It's been in the review queue at Apple for about a week and should be available tomorrow or Tuesday.

Archived