Storyist Forums

Printing with mac catalina

CristyD

Hi CristyD,

I can help with that. Could you let me know what version of macOS you're running and what model printer?

One thing you could try would be to create a PDF and print that. That would help rule out the printer. Try this:

1. Navigate to your manuscript.
  2. Choose File > Print.
  3. Click the PDF drop-down button and choose "Open in Preview."

Does the PDF contain all your text? If so, what happens when you print the PDF from Preview?

-Steve

I already tried and from the pdf it only prints three pages as well.  I even tried printing three pages at a time, and still  it will only do the first three and not a single page more.  And it is happening in all my manuscripts, I have many. 
This is a new issue. It was not like this before. So I'm wondering if this is not an issue of Storyist's software.

The version I have is Storyist 4.2.3

And the printer is HP Color Laserjet CP5225dn

Hi CristyD,

It would be helpful to know when the problem appeared, e.g. after an OS update. What version of macOS are you running?

If the truncation happened in one file, I would suspect a stray non-printable character at page 3. (You can check by turning on invisibles, if you think that might be an issue.) The sample text in the novel template is 5 pages. Is the PDF for that file truncated too? I'd be happy to look at it PDF if you'd like.

Since this is happening in more than one project, I suspect it's something with the OS/print driver. If you have another printer on your network, could you try printing to it? If not, please let me know if you're using the built-in driver for the LaserJet or installed the HP software.

-Steve

Hi CristyD,

Unfortunately, this is the first report for this problem, so I'm not sure what to suggest. You mentioned this is a new issue. Do you remember when it started? E.g., was it after an OS update or after getting a new Mac?

Storyist 4.2.3 was released in April. If you think that might have been the point, could you try version 4.2.2, which was released in December of 2020.

-Steve

Okay!

Sad to inform I did everything you asked and now it won't print at all, not even the three pages it use to. I down loaded 4.2.2 ,and my printer set up says 'any printer'.

It doesn't work.

I hope I don't have to wait until more people have this happen to them to be able to have a solution provided to me.

I have a lap top and a desk computer. As my stories are in the iCloud of Storyist I can access them from either one, and sadly I can't print from either on of the computers. 

I truly believe it's your software, if not, how come I can print form other formats google.docs, word, etc...?

Thank you!

Hi CristyD,

Ok, let's try this:

1. Create a new project from the novel template and save it.
  2. Try to print it.

If it doesn't print all of the pages, could you send the project to the support address? I'll be able to see the printer settings.

If it does print, please send along one your projects that doesn't. It could be just lorem ipsum if you want.

-Steve