Storyist Forums

Spelling

jordanfel

I am experiencing occasional problems while using Spell check. It has been identifying some quotation marks as the first while that quotation mark was the last one and visa versa. What should I do to correct this problem. Also, as I potentially find other problems I'll let you folks know.

I am experiencing occasional problems while using Spell check. It has been identifying some quotation marks as the first while that quotation mark was the last one and visa versa. What should I do to correct this problem. Also, as I potentially find other problems I'll let you folks know.

Hi jordanfel. Welcome to the forum.

Steve is at the MacWorld Expo this week, although I'm sure he'll check in from time to time. In the meantime we might save some time by clearing something up: Are you sure you're not talking about the Find Command? I don't believe that the Spell Check command would flag a quotation mark under any circumstance. But the Find Command can be a bit tricky. If you type a quotation mark in the Find field it will insert a straight quote even if you have Smart Quotes selected under Substitutions. (Curly quotes have to be pasted into the Find Command.)

Also, what version of Storyist and OS X are you using? (It matters.)

Cute kitty,

-Thoth.

Hi Jordan,

Could you describe the problem in a little more detail or perhaps post a screen shot? Also, are you running on Tiger or Leopard?

-Steve

Archived