Storyist Forums

Moving the Storyboard

wjgd1

How can I move the story board to the side of the screen rather than the top. I noticed that this is how the storyboard is shown on the www.storyist.com site. It shows the Project Pane, the manuscript page with one page, filling in the entire space top to bottom and THEN the storyboard pane going top to bottom rather than side to side.

I'd really like to know how to set this up. I like being able to see an entire page all at once, and unless you make the storyboard very narrow or close it all together, you can't do this. WIth the storyboard at the top of the page, there is a lot of wasted space in the manuscript pane, even when you show two pages.

I would love to have the setup displayed at storyist.com. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Hi Bill and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the screen you'll see a pull-down menu named Window. On it is a command named Rotate Workspace. Rotate Workspace moves the Storyboard clockwise around the four sides of the Main View. If the Fit Page mode or Fit Width mode is active the zoom factor adjusts accordingly.

Hope this helps.

-Thoth.

Thank you so much.

I "thought" I pulled down every menu, but somehow I just kept overlooking the "Window" menu. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes is all it takes.

I feel a little foolish for not seeing the word Window up there, but at least I was smart enough to ask.

I really like this Forum. When I began looking for a Writing program, one of my requirement was that it be part of an active community.

So thank you for your fast response. The Storyist community seems to be alive and well... and luckily for me... very knowledgeable about the software.

Humbly submitted,

Bill Goodwin

Mr. Goodwin, I assure you that no apologies are necessary. We've all been there (except, possibly, for Isaac).

As we "speak" our fluffy yet redoubtable leader, Steve Shepard, is putting the finishing touches on Storyist 2.0, which he introduced part of at MacWorld Expo 2009 last week. So we will all soon be in the position of learning some great new stuff (when 2.0 gets out of beta).

As for the Storyist community; I know we get off topic and silly sometimes but it's only because we're comfortable with each other (and are at heart silly procrastinators). Please keep that in mind while you're browsing some of our more silly and off-topic posts. (e.g., How would Genghis Khan feel about wearing a corset? Why do men wear ties? What are the Evil Alien Overladies up to?)

Enjoy the Forum, humbly or otherwise.

-Thoth.

Archived