Storyist Forums

Export to Word (doc or docx) from iPad Storyist?

davstrom

Just curious if I'll be able to export to MS Word from Storyist on the iPad in the future. I export to Word a lot on my MacBook Pro. If my MacBook Pro is in the shop, it would be nice to still be able to export to Word. (Actually, exporting to Pages would work also, since I could pick up the export in Pages and export to Word from there.)

I am a faithful Storyist user. I self-published my book, wrote several stories for local anthologies, and I am writing more stories about Super Holly Hansson. Storyist is super! https://davemstrom.wordpress.com/

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you!

RTF (the original Word file format) is still the best way to get documents to Word. Support for .docx is on the list for a future release, although it's been on the list for a while and there are other higher-priority features above it. I probably won't add .doc or Pages support, since they are undocumented proprietary formats.

-Steve

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you!

RTF (the original Word file format) is still the best way to get documents to Word. Support for .docx is on the list for a future release, although it's been on the list for a while and there are other higher-priority features above it. I probably won't add .doc or Pages support, since they are undocumented proprietary formats.

-Steve

Good to hear from you too! Thanks for the info. I will mess around with the RTF export on iPad and see what I can do with it.