Storyist Forums

how import a project from scrivener to Storyist (Mac) shared whit iPad

TomGom

hello,

i'm newbe, I would like to use Storyist on 2 device: ipad and mac.

the first question is: how can export from Scrivener to save all my data and import safe in Storyist?

can I store and where a lot of images (my references) in the project? these are jpgs and pdf, sometimes books in epub.

where I can save and sync my project between 2 device?

thank you

T

Hi TomGom,

Storyist for Mac can open Scrivener files. Just launch the app, choose File > Open, and select your Scrivener file. Storyist will create a new project, which you can save wherever you want.

Storyist can save images. It doesn't store pdf or epub, but you can export using these formats from your project.

If you keep your Storyist files in iCloud, they'll be automatically synced between your devices.

-Steve

7 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi TomGom,

Storyist for Mac can open Scrivener files. Just launch the app, choose File > Open, and select your Scrivener file. Storyist will create a new project, which you can save wherever you want.

Storyist can save images. It doesn't store pdf or epub, but you can export using these formats from your project.

If you keep your Storyist files in iCloud, they'll be automatically synced between your devices.

-Steve

thank you, please help me about with this issues: I imported a scrivener project and now the folders of documents are empty, the structure is the same but only some files are safe, also there are many images, and a lot of them are disappeared. the scrivener project was 600 mb and the storyist is only 3 mb, what happened?

thanks

Hi TomGom,

It's hard to say what's going on without more information. Please send an email to support@storyist.com with information about what versions of Storyist, macOS, and Scrivener you're using. If you feel comfortable including the project, please include that. The best way to do that for a large file is to share it via iCloud and attach the link.

-Steve

• 1 month later...

hi, after a lot of work, finally i've noted that the import from Scrivener doesn't load the pictures. because there are only links. I'll should reimport in Storiyst.

thanks

T