Storyist Forums

Adding a New Playscript

lawrencegoodman

So I created a new collection and then wanted to create a new script. I see the option to choose a film script but not a play script. Is there a work around?

Yes. There's the File>Save As Template command. In effect, you can create a Story framework to your specifications and save it as a template, or choose any existing template and modify it as needed and then Save As Template, presumably under a slightly different name.

We playwrights are people too!

I've heard the rumor. :D

Best of luck with your project, L.G.

-Thoth.

One thing to note is that there are templates which aren't available through the adding of a Film Script or Manuscript.

What you could do is make a new file and select the "Stage Play" template, and then copy and paste everything over a new manuscript in your original file.

Hi Lawrence,

As the others have aptly pointed out, you can create a project template based on the stage play template (or not) and save that for future use. You can't (yet) create a file template and make it available in the project menu Project menu, or customize the project menu to include the stage play file template.

I've already got the feature requests to let you create file template. To that I'll add the request to put the existing stage play file template in the Project menu.

-Steve

Archived