Storyist Forums

Curiosity

Steakpirate

Just wondering, about how long do you generally spend writing a page, or five pages?

Or does it just depend on that immense web of variables, spanning what you're writing about, to what you had for breakfast and the phase of the moon?

Just wondering, about how long do you generally spend writing a page, or five pages?

Wonderful question. I once did 36 pages in about three hours. That averages to a page every five minutes (although some of those pages took under a minute while other took much more that five). I also once spent a week mulling over a single (albeit crucial) page.

So...

Or does it just depend on that immense web of variables, spanning what you're writing about, to what you had for breakfast and the phase of the moon?

I'm going to go with "immense web of variables". One horror writer, whose name escapes me at the moment, claimed that she couldn't write during a full moon. Something to do with the number of positive ions in the air making her antsy (if that makes any sense to you).

Was that of any help?

-Thoth.

Typically, it takes me about 20 minutes to write a page, and about an hour to a week to edit it. I'm almost half way through writing my book after only five and a half years of labor. :)

IF

Isaac makes a good point about the editing. I spend much more time re-writing than writing.

-Thoth

Now I don't feel so bad. :)

The only question that remains is whether my stuff is any better for all of the time I spend on it. XD

Archived