Storyist Forums

Stage Play Woes?

emoKid

I think there's some issues with the Stage Play.

After I clear it all, it has the "Act" style. I type in the act title, and hit enter, and then it has "act" chosen again. If I change it to "First Scene Heading" or "Scene Heading" and I change the title of the scene, the changes are not reflected in the Outline.

If I hit enter from the "Scene Heading," then it has scene heading still. Once I get into the "Character Dialog," things seem to work well.

I'm on Mac 10.5.8 with Storyist 2.0.2. I can attempt to provide more detail if needed.

Hi emoKid,

Thanks for the post. Comments below.

I think there's some issues with the Stage Play.

After I clear it all, it has the "Act" style. I type in the act title, and hit enter, and then it has "act" chosen again.

The "Act" style should probably have "First Scene Heading" as its next style. I'll update the template, but you can do this yourself if you want.

1) Edit the Act style.

2) Set Next Style from "No Value" to "First Scene Heading"

3) Click OK.

Now, when you type return at the end of a paragraph with the Act style, Storyist will create the next paragraph with the "First Scene Heading" style.

If I change it to "First Scene Heading" or "Scene Heading" and I change the title of the scene, the changes are not reflected in the Outline.

Hmmm. It looks like Scene Headings are updated in the outline, but not First Scene Heading. I'll investigate. You can use Scene Heading in the mean time.

If I hit enter from the "Scene Heading," then it has scene heading still. Once I get into the "Character Dialog," things seem to work well.

If you want, you can change the Scene Heading's next style value to Stage Direction. I'll change this in the template too.

-Steve

Archived