Storyist Forums

Dramatists Guild?

emoKid

:o So my teacher was talking about stage play formats, and he said he prefers the Dramatists Guild's format.

He said he'll take the format Storyist uses.

I was just wondering how much does the format style matter? Apparently the "Dramatists Guild Modern Stageplay" is the hip thing?

Our school has a copy of fd, so I imported the format into Storyist, and it doesn't look more appealing to me. The main difference is that the Action element is more squished in the middle, which I think makes it harder to notice the Character. The Scene Description is also italicized, but I don't think that matters...

I don't really care about the formatting details at the moment, but I was wondering what is done in the professional area and if they really care about all of it?

Here's a side-by-side comparison...

post-391-1252076545_thumb.jpg

:o So my teacher was talking about stage play formats, and he said he prefers the Dramatists Guild's format.

He said he'll take the format Storyist uses.

I was just wondering how much does the format style matter? Apparently the "Dramatists Guild Modern Stageplay" is the hip thing?

Our school has a copy of fd, so I imported the format into Storyist, and it doesn't look more appealing to me. The main difference is that the Action element is more squished in the middle, which I think makes it harder to notice the Character. The Scene Description is also italicized, but I don't think that matters...

I don't really care about the formatting details at the moment, but I was wondering what is done in the professional area and if they really care about all of it?

Here's a side-by-side comparison...

sp_formats.JPG

Hi emoKid,

Thanks for the post. Don't know how important DG format is, or whether it is a regional thing or not. I'll do some digging, though, and probably offer a DG template in a future release.

-Steve

Archived