Storyist Forums

Virtual Memory Usage?

emoKid

Storyist started to act really slow, and when I looked at the activity monitor, it said it had ~3gb of Virtual Memory...

I restarted Storyist and it was snappy again. All I was doing was typing in the script and it seemed to start going slower after I did more of the [Enter][Enter][Choose Style] for my script. Or it just goes slower the longer I go on? I also edited the page header and footer.

This is the second time the virtual mem usage has shot up really high (or the second time I caught it due to it starting to become laggy).

Anyone have a similar problem or clues? It happens so rarely, but I just thought it was worth mentioning?

Screenshot attached?

post-391-1259725436_thumb.png

Storyist started to act really slow, and when I looked at the activity monitor, it said it had ~3gb of Virtual Memory...

I restarted Storyist and it was snappy again. All I was doing was typing in the script and it seemed to start going slower after I did more of the [Enter][Enter][Choose Style] for my script. Or it just goes slower the longer I go on? I also edited the page header and footer.

This is the second time the virtual mem usage has shot up really high (or the second time I caught it due to it starting to become laggy).

Anyone have a similar problem or clues? It happens so rarely, but I just thought it was worth mentioning?

Screenshot attached?

Hi emoKid,

3GB for virtual memory is on the high side, but the real memory usage is the more relevant stat, and that is in line with expectations. The important thing, though, is the lag you're seeing. You're on Snow Leopard, right? I'll see if I can reproduce it here.

In general, the things that will increase memory usage are multiple windows or split views or lots of large files in the navigation history. Is there anything unique about your workspace configuration?

-Steve

Archived