Storyist Forums

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve E

Click here for some sequential art. ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

cornucopia.jpg

BTW: The CORNUCOPIA (korn-yoo-KO-pee-uh, pictured above), a.k.a The Horn Of Plenty, is the unofficial symbol of Turkey Day. It originated in ancient Greece and symbolizes abundance. The original cornucopia was a curved goat's horn possessed by Zeus's foster mother, the nymph Amalthea (don't ask). The horn instantly filled with whatever the owner wished, including not just food but peace, strength and wisdom. Now how cool is that?

Oh, and:

Happy Black Friday

and

Happy Cyber Monday.

-T

Click here for some sequential art. ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

BTW: The CORNUCOPIA (korn-yoo-KO-pee-uh, pictured above), a.k.a The Horn Of Plenty, is the unofficial symbol of Turkey Day. It originated in ancient Greece and symbolizes abundance. The original cornucopia was a curved goat's horn possessed by Zeus's foster mother, the nymph Amalthea (don't ask). The horn instantly filled with whatever the owner wished, including not just food but peace, strength and wisdom. Now how cool is that?

Oh, and:

Happy Black Friday

and

Happy Cyber Monday.

-T

A little late here except that it's Black Friday and a time for a lot of crazy people to cause havoc at the stores.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and hopefully have a nice long weekend off of work.

-T

PS-Beautiful pic, T.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving and hopefully have a nice long weekend off of work.

-T

Thanks, Whirlybird. Same to you. But why did you sign with my "-T"? :blink:

PS-Beautiful pic, T.

I do try. B)

A little late here except that it's Black Friday and a time for a lot of crazy people to cause havoc at the stores.

"It's a madhouse! A madhouse!" - Astronaut George Taylor in Planet of the Apes (1968).

-Thoth

Thanks, Whirlybird. Same to you. But why did you sign with my "-T"? :blink:

I do try. B)

"It's a madhouse! A madhouse!" - Astronaut George Taylor in Planet of the Apes (1968).

-Thoth

T

I have no idea why I signed with your "T" but they do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery (or something like that) but it's probably because I was having a senior moment. Now that I'm 50 I can start saying stuff like that and get away with a lot of things, I hope. :lol:

I love the "Planet of the Apes"!

-WWWWWWWWWWW (having another senior moment?)

That line is one of the lines from the original PotA movie that made it into the recent Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie of this summer. Another very famous line from that movie "get your hands off me you damn dirty ape!" made it as well, at a pivotal moment of the movie. It was used amazingly well. The 2011 Rise was quite a good movie, a far better movie than I expected it to be (the 2001 Tim Burton remake/reboot/re-something-or-other was absolutely beautiful, but was a forgettable vacuous movie).

Hoping nobody here got pepper sprayed on Black Friday,

Orren

I heard about that incident in L.A.. Crowds can bring out the worst in some people and the best in others. It makes me wonder if there is a natural human herding instinct. (Moooooo.)

-WWWWWWWWWWW (having another senior moment?)

-TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :P

That line is one of the lines from the original PotA movie that made it into the recent Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie of this summer. Another very famous line from that movie "get your hands off me you damn dirty ape!" made it as well, at a pivotal moment of the movie. It was used amazingly well. The 2011 Rise was quite a good movie, a far better movie than I expected it to be (the 2001 Tim Burton remake/reboot/re-something-or-other was absolutely beautiful, but was a forgettable vacuous movie).

Orren

Two great lines from a great movie, Orren.

There was pepper spraying, tazing and a whole lot of stupid behavior at the stores. Glad I stayed at home. Apple had a sale on gift cards on Friday so my parents purchased them as my gifts and saved some money to boot.

Hey there TTTTTTTT!

-W

And we'll all sound like we have Parseltongue.

Ahhh. That's better.

So, is everyone enjoying Cyber Monday?

-T

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,

Glad you approve. Wouldn't speaking Parseltongue be bad? (I haven't seen all the Harry Potter movies so no spoilers please).

I didn't do Cyber Monday but I did Physical Monday in that I had a shopping day with my sister and we actually shopped at actual brick and mortar stores. Amazing concept.

-W

... Wouldn't speaking Parseltongue be bad? (I haven't seen all the Harry Potter movies so no spoilers please).

It's just the language of snakes. Harry speaks it. (That's not a spoiler.)

I didn't do Cyber Monday but I did Physical Monday in that I had a shopping day with my sister and we actually shopped at actual brick and mortar stores. Amazing concept.

Real shopping at a real store amidst real crowds armed with shock wands and pepper spray.

Could be fun.

-T

It's just the language of snakes. Harry speaks it. (That's not a spoiler.)

Real shopping at a real store amidst real crowds armed with shock wands and pepper spray.

Could be fun.

-T

You're right. I forgot that Harry does speak it but I seem to remember it was not viewed as a positive trait. It's been so long since I've seen the movies that I've forgotten many aspects.

Actually shopping on Monday was a very quiet and serene experience. My sister and I try to shop during the day during the week so not as many other shoppers. But I was disappointed that Chili's (the restaurant) no longer serves my Sweet Corn soup.

-W

You're right. I forgot that Harry does speak it but I seem to remember it was not viewed as a positive trait.

Only to the non-Slytherin houses. The Slytherin animal is the snake, and the snake is on their crest.

If we keep going in this direction we may hit a spoiler.

It's been so long since I've seen the movies that I've forgotten many aspects.

Terrific. Then you can enjoy them all over again. (Except for the last two which were more grim than fun.)

Actually shopping on Monday was a very quiet and serene experience. My sister and I try to shop during the day during the week so not as many other shoppers. But I was disappointed that Chili's (the restaurant) no longer serves my Sweet Corn soup.

WHAT! No Sweet Corn soup? The bounders. Feed them to the snakes!

-T

Only to the non-Slytherin houses. The Slytherin animal is the snake, and the snake is on their crest.

If we keep going in this direction we may hit a spoiler.

Terrific. They you can enjoy them all over again. (Except for the last two which were more grim than fun.)

WHAT! No Sweet Corn soup? The bounders. Feed them to the snakes!

-T

I do have to see a few of the middle movies before I can see any of the later ones. I agree. There's a spoiler slithering just around the corner.

It seems I was making my decision on which restaurant to go that day by their soup. I called The Cheesecake Factory and they weren't serving their New England clam crowder that day. I've never had a chain restaurant have so many clams in their clam chowder before. When they said they weren't serving it that day I decided on Chiles because of their sweet corn soup. What a disappointing soup day

-W

Archived