Storyist Forums

Free short story: An Honest One

orrenm

I've got a holiday present for everyone! :)

I have just finished a 7600 word short story, called "An Honest One," which I've posted on my blog here. You can read it online, or you can download it as a PDF or an ePub file. Eventually it will make it's way to the iBookstore, NOOK and Kindle stores.

The story is an urban fantasy/vampire tale, a continuation of the adventures of Heinrich, the 13th century vampire who is the protagonist of my novel The Deviant. My short stories explore Heinrich's life in 19th Century London. My first story in this saga is "Something to Eat," still available for free on my site. In "An Honest One," he offers to do a favor for his lover, the young prostitute Lola. However, that quickly turns into a rescue mission that threatens to cost him everything...The story does have a fair amount of blood and guts, be warned! This is an old skool vampire story, not about high school vampires who sparkle.

Enjoy!

Orren

I've got a holiday present for everyone! :)

I have just finished a 7600 word short story, called "An Honest One," which I've posted on my blog here. You can read it online, or you can download it as a PDF or an ePub file. Eventually it will make it's way to the iBookstore, NOOK and Kindle stores.

The story is an urban fantasy/vampire tale, a continuation of the adventures of Heinrich, the 13th century vampire who is the protagonist of my novel The Deviant. My short stories explore Heinrich's life in 19th Century London. My first story in this saga is "Something to Eat," still available for free on my site. In "An Honest One," he offers to do a favor for his lover, the young prostitute Lola. However, that quickly turns into a rescue mission that threatens to cost him everything...The story does have a fair amount of blood and guts, be warned! This is an old skool vampire story, not about high school vampires who sparkle.

Enjoy!

Orren

Thanks, Orren. Much appreciated! It's nice to get something free especially at this time of the year when we wind up buying presents left and right.

-W

Thanks, Orren. Much appreciated! It's nice to get something free especially at this time of the year when we wind up buying presents left and right.

We may be onto something here. I've got presents to buy for my Jewish and Christians friends, not to mention presents for friends and acquaintances who celebrate Kwanzaa and Omisoka and the Winter Solstice (December 22). So why not give the gift of a nice web site! Perhaps one containing a short story or whatever is appropriate.

Come on folks: GIVE A LINK. ;)

E-mail is more reliable than the Post Office this time of year.

-T

We may be onto something here. I've got presents to buy for my Jewish and Christians friends, not to mention presents for friends and acquaintances who celebrate Kwanzaa and Omisoka and the Winter Solstice (December 22). So why not give the gift of a nice web site! Perhaps one containing a short story or whatever is appropriate.

Come on folks: GIVE A LINK. ;)

E-mail is more reliable than the Post Office this time of year.

-T

Great idea, T. You always have the best.

This may not be to everyone's liking and it's not actually a site for writers necessarily but it involves a book. I'm a big fan of James Garner. Here is a really nice site by his daughter Gigi where she posts lots of nice photos of her dad, other celebrities and stories of her dad. Here's Gigi Garner's website about her dad

-W

PS-Sorry in advance if this isn't what you were aiming for, T

Archived