Storyist Forums

Submitted my novel to the Amazon Breakthrough Novel

thealtruismsociety

I should mention in this connection that I am currently shopping "Lynx" to agents, so far to a massive collective yawn. ;)

So send some luck my way, too, please!

Agents; what do they know.

Tossing heaping shovelfuls of luck at you, Lady M.

(But find someone else to shovel out your stalls.)

Revisiting Sir Percy while I research Lynx 2, the sequel (actually titled The Winged Horse). :)

And may all your horses have wings.

-T

Best of luck to TAS and Marguerite.

I saw a billboard the other day and I thought it might be appropriate. It HAS a picture of Abraham Lincoln with the caption "Failed, failed, failed. And then... PERSISTENCE"

-W

PS-I was trying to insert the image but it I couldn't get it to work for me.

Nice. Thanks, guys! For the picture and the kind words. :lol:

M

You're welcome, Lady M.

You are, after all, always there for the rest of us.

-T

T-How did you do that?

I Copied the tag line from your post and Pasted it in the Google Image Search field. When the billboard came up as a fingernail I clicked on it. I brought up the image alone by clicking on it in the header. Then I clicked on the Browser Address field to select it, then I Copied it. Back in the Forum, edit window I clicked on the Insert Image button and Pasted the address of the image in the presented field. It actually took considerably longer to type this than to do it. Try it W. Paste up a nice heart using the tag "Valentine's Day". Or a Cupid?

-T

You're welcome, Lady M.

You are, after all, always there for the rest of us.

-T

I Copied the tag line from your post and Pasted it in the Google Image Search field. When the billboard came up as a fingernail I clicked on it. I brought up the image alone by clicking on it in the header. Then I clicked on the Browser Address field to select it, then I Copied it. Back in the Forum, edit window I clicked on the Insert Image button and Pasted the address of the image in the presented field. It actually took considerably longer to type this than to do it. Try it W. Paste up a nice heart using the tag "Valentine's Day". Or a Cupid?

-T

Okay, T.

Here's my attempt.

IMG_2011.JPG&w=1600&h=861&ei=A94pT-2xCYrc0QHxmbHSCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=290&vpy=704&dur=2363&hovh=165&hovw=306&tx=150&ty=95&sig=100512480152458036614&sqi=2&page=3&tbnh=118&tbnw=219&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:31,s:71

IMG_2011.JPG&w=1600&h=861&ei=A94pT-2xCYrc0QHxmbHSCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=290&vpy=704&dur=2363&hovh=165&hovw=306&tx=150&ty=95&sig=100512480152458036614&sqi=2&page=3&tbnh=118&tbnw=219&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:31,s:71

Sorry T, I thought I did it right but no luck.

That's an awfully long address. I tried tracing it and got bounced to a page containing the image that I think you meant to use. The problem is that you were posting a page address and not the address of an isolated image.

-T

• 2 weeks later...

Try it again with a simple address.

Go to this address and try copying the address over — Pasting it in the Insert Image field.

If you get another long address printed then weirdness is afoot.

-T

Normally with anything image you pull from Google there is a original image link to the far right. Click that and you will be taken directly to the actual image on the server.

Normally with anything image you pull from Google there is a original image link to the far right. Click that and you will be taken directly to the actual image on the server.

I find the "See Full Size Image" link, at the top left, works best for me in Safari.

Never had a problem with it. But it's good to explore.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody! :wub:

-Thoth

• 2 weeks later...

TAS, have you tried to find an online critique group (in addition to Thoth, that is :))? Fellow writers will give you better feedback than friends and family, anyway.

One woman I know joined a writers' group on LinkedIn (to restrict the potential respondents a bit), then posted a message with a rough description of her story, asking for potential readers. Her area happened to be close to mine, so I responded. She's still on my "go to" list when I need a quick answer to questions. So it can work, although you'd want to exercise even more caution in picking the right people to work with than you would with a group that met in person.

There may also be writers' groups in your area. Check the local bookstores (if such things still exist) or community center.

Sorry to hear your book didn't make the cut. I liked the part of it that I read.

Best,

M

Archived