Storyist Forums

Notebook

dennis7490

I'm back

so, Under NOTEBOOK:

NOTEBOOK

Title page

Scene (Something I put in myself.)

there are 3 little squares in upper right of the text screen.

I wrote the note in faux 3.5 card and it copied to the storyboard, but it did NOT copy to the big white text area. I had to cut and paste it there.

Not sure how this works.

thanks,

dennis

One other thing.

Whatever you type in the "Synopsis" area of a Section sheet will turn up on its Index card as well, and vice versa. This, of course, does not apply to Notebook sheets since they have no "Synopsis" area on anything but their Index cards. (To repeat M's point: the text on Index cards is a synopsis of the sheet, not a copy of the text on the sheet—"Synopsis" areas of Section sheets exempted.)

-T

... The joys of typing on the iPad! ;)

:wacko:

The same point applies to the summary fields of character, plot, and setting sheets (what you type in the summary fields shows up in the outline and on the index cards).

M

Dennis, if by chance you are looking at the cork board and don't see Index Cards for character, plot, and setting sheets, but see pictures instead, you can reset the display. Select all the pictures (or just one or a few) and go down to the Gear Tool at the bottom edge of the page (just right of the Link/Unlink selector). Click it and then choose Display Selection As, and then select Index Card. They will then all turn into Index Cards with the sheets' summary fields displayed in each card's text area.

-Thoth

(Get any chocolates from Sir Percy on V Day, M?)

I am almost embarrassed to ask such simple questions..but.

I have created several notes under Notebook. but I've done this by accident, just clicking around and finding a place to write when NOTEBOOK is chosen in the project menu. either in the Text area, or the yellow lined pad area, or the card on the corkboard area. I just write it, and find a way to save it, etc. but I'm still not sure what the basic process is.

My instinct tells me that if I highlight NOTEBOOK, click the plus sign at the bottom of the test area, I can add a new note. this doesn't work.

So, where in the Instruction book is there a section on "creating a note."

Just a suggestion to help those out there as dumb as me with software.

If, in the User Guide you had things like, "Create a note." Things like that. It's instinctual for someone searching through a user guide to look for exactly what they want. Like "delete a note." Etc.

Create

Delete

Add

Otherwise this all gets very confusing.

thanks,

Dennis

The + button at the bottom of the screen adds one more of whatever you have highlighted. So once you have a note set up, the easiest way to add another is click on the title of the existing note in the leftmost window, then click +. A brand-new note (or character sheet or folder or whatever) pops up, untitled and ready for you to name. Then click in the main (right or central window, depending on how you have set up your screen) to add the actual text of the note. This assumes you have the main screen set up for Text View. If it's set to Storyboard, then type the description or most basic point for the note on the index card.

You can always add a note or any other story element by clicking on the gear menu at the bottom of the leftmost window and choosing Add > then one of the elements listed there. You may need to click on one of the highlighted COLLECTIONS (that is, anything that shows up in all caps) to get the right choices. This is the way to add a folder if you have a sheet selected or vice versa. And often you can add things through the Project Menu (or Project button in the toolbar) as well. There are also key combinations, but that probably qualifies as too much information right now.

Yes, Thoth, Sir P came up with not only excellent chocolates and a nice German "champagne" but a great Valentine's card, too. And I reciprocated with homemade lobster stew and a card of my own. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Best,

M

Yes, Thoth, Sir P came up with not only excellent chocolates and a nice German "champagne" but a great Valentine's card, too. And I reciprocated with homemade lobster stew and a card of my own.

A stew of homemade lobster. Yum!

(Was the lobster cloned or pieced together á la Frankenstein's Lobster?)

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Wonderful, yes.

(I'm still recovering. :D )

-T

Archived