Storyist Forums

Who is in?

Steve

It wasn't the Mac's fault. It was trying it's best to run until it's dieing breath. It had hard drive failure, apparently that's why it was starting to lag (a few months after I got it) and "I was lucky the hard drive survived so long with all the problems it had" (that's what the mac guy told me). I blame the hard drive provider, not the mac itself.

I like the plotting and planning tools it Storyist, but Scrivener makes it a lot easier for people who change the structure of their novel. The default novel template doesn't really work for what I need. Mine is:

So this post was quite helpful. It'll also help me for another book (fictional journal) type thing I'm writing.

Did you find the template linked to that post? And do you know how to install new templates? The method is described elsewhere in the forums. In brief, you drag the file to ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ is your home folder. If there is no folder called Templates, you can create it like any other folder.

Best,

M

Did you find the template linked to that post? And do you know how to install new templates? The method is described elsewhere in the forums. In brief, you drag the file to ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates, where ~ is your home folder. If there is no folder called Templates, you can create it like any other folder.

Best,

M

Oh, I was just planning on creating it instead of downloading it so I gain experience points with the program.

I like the plotting and planning tools it Storyist, but Scrivener makes it a lot easier for people who change the structure of their novel.

Does it? How so? You can drag sections all over the place in Storyist and have the text move right along with it.

Curious,

Marguerite

Does it? How so? You can drag sections all over the place in Storyist and have the text move right along with it.

Curious,

Marguerite

There's no "Styles." There are templates, but you can always deviate from them and there's no need to have to change preferences (or edit styles). You can also drag stuff around in scrivener.

If you have

Book

-Chapter

--Scene

And then decide to spit it up even more, you create a new folder thing and can call it Section or Part or whatever to get:

Book

-Part

--Chapter

---Scene

And you can also have as many levels as desired.

I just found it easier until I learned how styles actually work in Storyist and how to play with them. The Storyist manual states how, but the forum actually provides examples.

The Storyist manual states how, but the forum actually provides examples.

You know, I would like to see more examples in the Storyist User's Guide. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'm going to submit this as a Feature Request.

Ever searching for excellence,

-Thoth.

Archived