Storyist Forums

Panicking...?

emoKid

I'm kindof uneasy right now. Not just because of NaNoWriMo (I have most of the planning on Paper, so that can be retyped).

I got my laptop back today, and then when I connected my external hard drive (that was a back-up), Time Machine popped up asking if I wanted to use it for back-ups.

I hit yes, and then it started backing up, but before it did that, it deleted most of my old back-ups :'(

But yeah... So far, my book will be called "Reveries" and the main character will be called Yuki (because a poll of my friends said that was the best out of the list they generated), the other main character is Cassidy (still debating on the spelling). Some of the other characters are there, but their names have yet to be decided. Some of the art work should hopefully be done before Halloween, but since my back-ups were lost (shouldn't it ask if you want to restore before deleting and backing-up?), it might take me a while to get some of my school work done.

Priorities for November:

- Church

- School

- Laundry (a writer's gotta look good?)

- NaNoWriMo (would be higher, but I'm playing for college, so bigger expenses take priority)

- Video Games (my long lost Wii was found; okay, it wasn't lost, but it does feel neglected)

- Exercise (it can be made up in December, right?)

Laundry is overrated. :) Just get some dryer sheets, and rub your jeans down with them.'

Sometimes laundry is also too expensive...

- Calli

In the worse case scenario, I have 2 bottles of febreze in my closet. :D

But sadly, I do not wear jeans. :(

...my book will be called "Reveries" and the main character will be called Yuki...

I always liked Yuki. It's a Japanese unisex nickname for names beginning with yuki- meaning "snow" or "happiness". (e.g., Yukiko, meaning "snow child" or "happiness child".) Your friends have good taste.

...but since my back-ups were lost (shouldn't [Time Machine] ask if you want to restore before deleting and backing-up?), it might take me a while to get some of my school work done.

My condolences. But you're right. It should ask if you want to restore before deleting. I'm sending Apple an e-mail.

Priorities for November:

- Church

- School

- NaNoWriMo (would be higher, but I'm playing for college, so bigger expenses take priority)

- Video Games (my long lost Wii was found; okay, it wasn't lost, but it does feel neglected)

- Exercise (it can be made up in December, right?)

Calli's right about laundry. Like exercise, it always feels like something you can put off, if you're clever. (Consider the Underwear of the Month Club. Experience exotic unmentionables from foreign lands. Oh that Internet!)

-Thoth.

I got my laptop back today, and then when I connected my external hard drive (that was a back-up), Time Machine popped up asking if I wanted to use it for back-ups.

I hit yes, and then it started backing up, but before it did that, it deleted most of my old back-ups :'(

A glowing endorsement! Ouch! Think I'll stick to rsync and tar.

Don't listen to these guys. Clean is not a smell. It's a state of mind.

IF

Archived