Storyist Forums

So far behind...

emoKid

So I said school comes first, but I didn't think I'd only have 38 words done mid-way through the first week...

Teachers have been assigning essays and homework assignments like crazy since we're quickly approaching the end of the school year.

So I'm hoping this weekend to have a day of being able to write (apparently I can do this on Saturday so far), but one of my teachers is also debating about assigning an essay for the weekend...

My grades are good... I think I can do a shotty essay and keep my A...

But I'm debating about risking it... :)

How's your NaNoWriMo adventure going so far?

Remember, you can get 6000 words in one day!

This is a rep: Do three 30 minute sessions, each seperated by 10 minute breaks.

Do 3 reps in one day. Preferably one in the morning, afternoon, and evening, just to break it up for yourself.

(This is from No Plot No Problem, page 136-137, if you want more details.)

Another way is to leverage that synergy (ah, the 80s) by combining the two jobs. Who says your essay can't become part of your NaNo contribution?

E.g.,

And then Darth Vader stood up and gave the Death Star command staff a lecture on pre-Columbian chicken plucking and its relevance to planet whacking. The lecture went as follows: <Insert Class Assignment>

See? It's easy.

-Thoth.

Remember, you can get 6000 words in one day!

This is a rep: Do three 30 minute sessions, each seperated by 10 minute breaks.

Do 3 reps in one day. Preferably one in the morning, afternoon, and evening, just to break it up for yourself.

(This is from No Plot No Problem, page 136-137, if you want more details.)

I know I can do that, but I'm trying to make sure I keep my grades up in school, but November seems to be essay and test month, so I'm focused more on that >.<

So far it looks like I'll have time to write. Hopefully I can catch up, but I'm picky about diction and and everything, plus writing in stream of consciousness is hard...

Archived