Storyist Forums

Calli's NaNo 09

astillac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a decent enough first day: 3077 words. I spent a lot of time talking and laughing with my fellow 'wrimos, so I'm not too bummed about that. :P

That's awesome. I just got the kids to bed, so the real writing can finally begin.

IF

Hi Calli.

I also broke 3,000 but I didn't talk or laugh with anyone and, yeah, I'm a little bummed out. Especially since I doubt I can break 3,000 on a weekday. And I have prep-work to do this evening for work tomorrow.

Such is life.

- Thoth.

Hi Calli.

I also broke 3,000 but I didn't talk or laugh with anyone and, yeah, I'm a little bummed out. Especially since I doubt I can break 3,000 on a weekday. And I have prep-work to do this evening for work tomorrow.

Well, I didn't break 3000 like you guys, but I did make it past my quota for today. 1710.

IF

That's awesome. I just got the kids to bed, so the real writing can finally begin.

IF

I can only write after everyone has gone to bed, much too hectic otherwise. Make it a bit difficult but as i'm currently unemployed, very doable. I just end up really tired often, hehe. I vote November be nicknamed Insomnia month!

In an experiment, I could write 200 words in six minutes, translating to 2000 an hour, but it comes out as complete nonsense.

It gets worse in translation. I once typed at full speed for an hour and couldn't believe the irrational drivel I wrote. I'm not even counting errors in spelling and grammar, mind you. I guess I'm just not a fast thinker at heart.

- Thoth

25K is pretty good, Calli. You've hit the halfway mark. Yea! It's all downhill from here. **CHEERS**

You're averaging 2,778 words a day. At this rate you'll hit 50,000 words by the 18th. What will you do with the rest of your time?

I wrote a little today. I had to visit my ophthalmologist and that really cut into my allocated NaNo writing time.

I'm going to post now.

- Thoth

30k tonight! I have been stupid busy lately! Arrgh, I've been averaging about an hour and half a day on writing. :lol:

Averaging 2,778 words per day in 90 minutes (over the month so far) is still about 31 words per minute.

Clearly you are some kind of demon (or other magical creature).

- Thoth

45k tonight. I'm slowing down a LOT. I even skip days. I'm trying to get a fully functional rough draft within the month.

You're 90% done with a dozen days left!

Even "slowed down" you could do between 400 and 500 words a day and still cross the finish line on time.

A fully functional rough draft within the month is almost a done deal.

Cooling the champagne for you.

- Thoth.

BTW: I'm not doing too badly myself. I'm over 70% done and picking up speed.

Archived