Storyist Forums

Cool pure writing software with a twist

thealtruismsociety

http://www.ommwriter.com/

Only exports text but has the most INTERESTING full screen mode I've ever seen, def try it out its very cool.

Yes. Very interesting: full-screen background pictures, a selection of soft music to play as you work, and a choice of key feedback sounds. But is it really full-screen mode if you're limited to less than two-thirds of the screen? I suppose that depends on what background picture you choose.

Interesting concept, this zen-garden-ish writing environment. Interesting and elegant interface too, but it seems very limited and very un-Mac-like. Also, it's still in beta and you know what that means — "this dog could eat your homework"*.

Good find, though.

- Thoth.

* S.S.

Yes. Very interesting: full-screen background pictures, a selection of soft music to play as you work, and a choice of key feedback sounds. But is it really full-screen mode if you're limited to less than two-thirds of the screen? I suppose that depends on what background picture you choose.

Interesting concept, this zen-garden-ish writing environment. Interesting and elegant interface too, but it seems very limited and very un-Mac-like. Also, it's still in beta and you know what that means — "this dog could eat your file"*.

Good find, though.

- Thoth.

* S.S.

Look at the drag handles around the text areas, you can make it as tall/short, narrow/wide as you'd like, all on the fly.

Look at the drag handles around the text areas, you can make it as tall/short, narrow/wide as you'd like, all on the fly.

Yes, but black letters on a black background picture is problematic. The writing area in OmmWriter is transparent not opaque, according to the video. Notice the "snow" in the lower writing area in the video. But I supposed this conflict could be resolved by choosing the white background option (as demonstrated in the video).

"Ohwha tagoo seiam."

Ommmmmmmmmm.

- Thoth.

Yes, but black letters on a black background picture is problematic. The writing area in OmmWriter is transparent not opaque, according to the video. Notice the "snow" in the lower writing area in the video. But I supposed this conflict could be resolved by choosing the white background option (as demonstrated in the video).

"Ohwha tagoo seiam."

Ommmmmmmmmm.

- Thoth.

I love writing against the snow, there is a blank background as well as a paper looking one too.

Very spiffy idea. I think everything I wrote would end up melancholy and snow-themed though.

Perhaps they have a background of hungry salivating wolves on Skull Crusher mountain. Incidental music by Metallica (I'm thinking something from their 1983 Kill 'Em All album). And piercing screams for key-click feedback. Very Halloweeny.

Different strokes for...blah blah blah.

- Thoth.

Archived