Storyist Forums

Two new launch options please: last opened and open recent menu

orrenm

I put Storyist in my dock, and launch it by clicking on it. There are two preferences: I can have Storyist automatically open the template chooser, or open a specific template of my choice. This is, however, rarely what I want to do. More often than not, I want to continue writing in the document I'd most recently been writing in, or possibly return to an earlier document.

For this reason, I would find either or both of the following two launch options invaluable:

1) In the launch preference, include a third radio button to launch the most recently opened document. This would allow Storyist to launch exactly what I'd last been working on.

2) In the Template Chooser, include the "Open Recent" pop-up menu on the bottom bar, the way that Pages does. This would let me select from among my recently opened documents.

Thanks!

Orren

I put Storyist in my dock, and launch it by clicking on it. There are two preferences: I can have Storyist automatically open the template chooser, or open a specific template of my choice. This is, however, rarely what I want to do. More often than not, I want to continue writing in the document I'd most recently been writing in, or possibly return to an earlier document.

For this reason, I would find either or both of the following two launch options invaluable:

1) In the launch preference, include a third radio button to launch the most recently opened document. This would allow Storyist to launch exactly what I'd last been working on.

2) In the Template Chooser, include the "Open Recent" pop-up menu on the bottom bar, the way that Pages does. This would let me select from among my recently opened documents.

Thanks!

Orren

Both excellent suggestions. Thanks Orren.

-Steve

Archived