Storyist Forums

Createspace proof

thealtruismsociety

• 1 month later...
For the free proof amazon is asking for an interior file, is this the text? They want it in PDF but Storyist doesn't have that option. SHould I print using OSX?o

Storyist doesn't need that option since (as you note) OS X has it. Just print from Storyist and choose the PDF option to create a file.

They want it in PDF but Storyist doesn't have that option.

Sure it does. :)

As with most Cocoa apps:

1) Choose File > Print.

2) Click the PDF button in the print dialog and choose Save as PDF.

Let us know how the Create Space copy look.

-Steve

That's worked and I will.

Edit:

Uh oh it was rejected because the PDF was (OF course) 8.5 x 11 and the book size I choose was much smaller, what can I do?

"The interior file appears to be sized for a 8.5 x 11" size book. This is not one of the standard trim sizes. Please reformat the interior for the selected trim size of 6 x 9". Interior files should be formatted to the exact final trim size of your book and submitted as a single PDF file with one text page per PDF page. "

That's worked and I will.

Edit:

Uh oh it was rejected because the PDF was (OF course) 8.5 x 11 and the book size I choose was much smaller, what can I do?

"The interior file appears to be sized for a 8.5 x 11" size book. This is not one of the standard trim sizes. Please reformat the interior for the selected trim size of 6 x 9". Interior files should be formatted to the exact final trim size of your book and submitted as a single PDF file with one text page per PDF page. "

You can set the page size in Storyist using File > Page Setup (and creating a custom page size if needed).

You'll probably want to copy your manuscript (see the option+drag post) and adjust the headers and margins before creating the final PDF.

-Steve

You probably want to use single spacing and smaller margins.

-Steve

Currently inside margin is 1 inch, top .25 right .25 bottom .56, let me try single spacing

BTW - Crash report incoming lol.

That makes it 502 pages, 6x9 is not even a paperback size is it???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived