Storyist Forums

So...is the ground shaking anywhere?

orrenm

HAHAHA!!

Seriously.. I love how that one quote implies that the young men are completely blameless in the corrupting of chastity, spreading adultery in society, and increasing earthquakes. :)

Perhaps all us women should return to venus and leave the men on earth and let them see how well that goes. :)

- Jools

Perhaps all us women should return to venus and leave the men on earth and let them see how well that goes. :)

Please don't. :) I think just staying away from crazy clerics make outrageous pronouncements would be a better plan. The rest of us respect our Venusian co-humans and don't blame them for plate tectonics!

Orren

Hehehe

Well, the ground is probably trembling around the crazy cleric as he shakes in his shoes at the thought of all those scantily clad Western women, don't you think? Bet he's shocked, just shocked! :)

Peering at the screen through my chador,

M

Yup. He's probably waiting for the reports and news photographs to come in so he can review them and make another pronouncement!

- J

If the test doesn't pan out I think old Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi will just come up with another theory. Possibly something along the lines of throwing virgins into volcanos (the man just doesn't like women). But I would like to mention that sin bringing God's wrath isn't an exclusively muslim concept. (Consider The Flood. [Gen. 6 ff.]) And there are plenty of crazy people to go around. (Think Haiti and The Curse.)

In any event, I have my own crazy theory: overdressing causes earthquakes. The extra weight imparts greater impact to the tectonic plates with each human step, making them loose and slippery and earthquake prone. Maybe we can sell that idea in the Middle East. All that simultaneous bowing towards Mecca can't be helping.

Or how about this one: crazy pronouncements incur God's wrath. HE just doesn't like other people putting words in HIS mouth. Any takers?

- Thoth

But I would like to mention that sin bringing God's wrath isn't an exclusively muslim concept. (Consider The Flood. [Gen. 6 ff.])

Yes, but the flood story became the inspiration for the name of a classic, excellent 80s gothic rock band, Fields of the Nephilim. :)

And that's gotta be worth something! :)

Orren

Yes, but the flood story became the inspiration for the name of a classic, excellent 80s gothic rock band, Fields of the Nephilim. :D

And that's gotta be worth something! :)

It's worthing something. But is what it's worth worth the cost?

- T

Hoo boy... leave it to the two of you to pull out the really big, heavy topics. :D

Hey, threatening to cover up our wimen's nekkid ankle bones is a big heavy topic. I'd prefer the quakes.

Women Unite! Free Your Ankles!

- Thoth

It's worthing something. But is what it's worth worth the cost?

Good point. I'm not sure. I'm guessing that the people who were drowned in the flood (along with all the Nephlim, of course!) would probably have a different opinion than fans of the band. :)

Hoo boy... leave it to the two of you to pull out the really big, heavy topics. :D

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. :)

Well, to be fair, it was meant to be a humorous thread to begin with, I'm assuming.

Are you suggesting that I wasn't seriously worried that if many thousands of women wore revealing tops, the earth would move?

You would be correct. :)

Orren

Are you suggesting that I wasn't seriously worried that if many thousands of women wore revealing tops, the earth would move?

The earth might not move, but many more thousands of males might stop in their tracks..... ;)

• 10 months later...

On a totally different yet related topic: an 8.9 quake in Japan followed by a tsunami which has "vanished" tens of thousands of people and threatened two nuclear reactors. Now how do we blame this on japanese schoolgirl cosplay?

Just wondering. :blink:

- Thoth

Archived