Storyist Forums

Goal: Session Word Count

Fizchick

Hi all! I'm new to storyist and starting to get aquainted with the whole thing.

I cannot seem to get the word counter for sessions in the goal section to count up or down and in fact, the timer keeps going even when I put "0" in the time amount- I want to count pages and not seconds, or time for that matter.

I have followed the directions- I think- anyone else having this challenge? Is there some color of nail polish I need to wear or a crystal I need to sit on to make this work?

Thanks.

Hi Fizchick,

Welcome to the forums.

Hi all! I'm new to storyist and starting to get aquainted with the whole thing.

I cannot seem to get the word counter for sessions in the goal section to count up or down and in fact, the timer keeps going even when I put "0" in the time amount- I want to count pages and not seconds, or time for that matter.

I have followed the directions- I think- anyone else having this challenge? Is there some color of nail polish I need to wear or a crystal I need to sit on to make this work?

The goal tracker only tracks the word count in the manuscript, not in various notebook entries. If you are trying to setup a goal for the manuscript, try this:

1) Create a new project from the Novel template.

2) Open the Inspector and choose the Goals tab.

3) Start typing in the manuscript.

Does the word count for the session and project goal increase?

If it does,

4) Click the Add (+) button to create a new session goal.

5) Enter a word count goal, but leave the time at zero, and click OK.

Does the session goal reset? If so,

6) Type some more.

Does the word count for the session goal increment.

If so, but repeating the same steps with your file doesn't give the same results, let me know and we'll investigate further.

Note that you can find more information in the Tracking Word Count and Writing Time Goals in the User's Guide.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for that Speedy Gonzales reply- and just perfect.

OOOOHHHHH. Yes, I was writing in notes. I just tried it in the manuscript and it worked like a charm. And no sitting on crystals! I am sitting on my foot which is falling a sleep I now realize... besides..

Well, that all makes sense.

And thank you also for the welcome. I'm looking forward to being a "storyist"

bliss to you,Kristy (aka fizchick)

Hi FizChick, and welcome to the Forum.

I had this problem for a while, then I switched to French tips with a mirrored base. A rose crystal tongue piercing helps too (especially with the Outliner).

I'm glad Steve was able to help.

He is Storyist's greatest resource.

- Thoth

I had this problem for a while, then I switched to French tips with a mirrored base. A rose crystal tongue piercing helps too (especially with the Outliner).

That's fun picture to imagine!

Welcome to the forum Fizchick!! Feel free check in with any other questions or comments you may have! We love hearing from other users!

- Jules

Archived