Storyist Forums

New blog, and free short story!

orrenm

Hi all,

I have just gone live with http://www.orrenmerton.com — and there was much rejoycing. :D

It is mostly a blog, which I hope to update frequently. But orrenmerton.com, unlike my band or family sites, is specifically geared toward my writing projects, releases and "career" (such as it is).

The site will play heavily into my future plans for marketing my fiction. I plan on "serializing" portions of my novel, chapter by chapter, and posting them there. I plan on creating video and audio podcasts of chapters and stories, and posting them there. And of course I'll pontificate about hopefully interesting things, and hopefully generate communication via the comments, once it gets going.

I have also started an email list. It will be an extremely low volume list, really just to send out "email blasts" when I have a new story or novel available (either for purchase or for free). In order to thank people for subscribing to my mailing list, I'm giving away the short story I wrote (and mentioned in a few postings months ago, for those who read about it in the forums). The story is called "Something To Eat" and involves Heinrich, my 13th century vampire protagonist, rescuing a young lady in distress in 19th century London. Anyone who signs up for my mailing list will be given the option to download it in PDF format, ePub format, or both. You can sign up for the list at http://www.orrenmerton.com

Enjoy,

Orren

I like the uncluttered look of the site. Very neat. You can always identify amateur sites by how much they stuff the page with random clutter. Good job! (Random clutter is big turn-off for me, except when the random clutter is mine or a loved one's. Then it's just charming.)

Congratulations,

- Thoth

Very cool Orren! I have signed up for the mailing list and the rest of it is on my list of stuff I need to check out. I look forward to it.

- Jools

Archived