Storyist Forums

Screen Play Woes

emoKid

I just started typing in the manuscript, but then I noticed that the title of the section wasn't changing. So I double click in the sidebar and change the title, then it changes part of the first line in that section. Then I hit undo, and it doesn't undo properly.

Not sure if that was posted before (this was the first time I tried a screenplay and version 2). Hope I was descriptive enough...

Create new project from Storyist Screenplay Template -> Modify First Line -> If title of section doesn't change, change by clicking the section title and changing it -> See if first line changes -> Hit Undo and yeah...

Create new project from Storyist Screenplay Template -> Modify First Line -> If title of section doesn't change, change by clicking the section title and changing it -> See if first line changes -> Hit Undo and yeah...

Yep. There's definitely something screwy going on with the Screenplay template. I'll report it in Bugs.

-Thoth.

Hi emoKid.

I reported your discovered bug yesterday and got a post back from Steve today.

The problem is that 2.0 strips scene headings from the template. How did I miss that!

Fixed in 2.0.1.

-Steve

-Thoth.

Hi emoKid.

I reported your discovered bug yesterday and got a post back from Steve today.

The problem is that 2.0 strips scene headings from the template. How did I miss that!

Fixed in 2.0.1.

-Steve

-Thoth.

woot. Can't wait for 2.0.1 :lol:

It is available now. Thanks for the report emoKid.

-Steve

Thanks for the update :D

Downloaded it now, it looks like it's working well.

Since I couldn't reply to the announcement I'll say it here

YAY! Thanks Steve!!! You're awesome for getting all that stuff (especially the Custom Field bit) fixed so quickly. :D

One who thinks Steve has super powers

- Jules

• 1 month later...

Hello All !

OK, excited by the latest version, so here is my problem(s)

1) Screen play template - Text stops about two thirds of the way down a page. i.e. I have about 3 inches of blank space at the bottom of every, did I say every?, yes every page.

2) If you import anything or open anything - you must have an extension on the file .....

LOVE the dual page view - Thanks Steve !

Hello All !

OK, excited by the latest version, so here is my problem(s)

1) Screen play template - Text stops about two thirds of the way down a page. i.e. I have about 3 inches of blank space at the bottom of every, did I say every?, yes every page.

2) If you import anything or open anything - you must have an extension on the file .....

LOVE the dual page view - Thanks Steve !

Hi Jeremy,

On the screenplay template: I assume that you mean that when you create a new file from the screenplay template, you get 3 inches of blank space at the bottom. I've attached a screenshot of what I see on Leopard on Tiger. Could you post one so I can see what you're seeing?

On the extension: I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Do you mean that the extension must be visible for the document to be selectable in the open dialog?

-Steve

StoryistScreenSnapz111.tiff

Archived