Storyist Forums

new iMac's and macBook's... drool...

emoKid

Have you seen the new macs...? It makes me drool...

The 27" iMac is awesome... They can have an i7 processor... They also have 4 slots for ram and support up to 16 GB... When I win the lottery, I'm buying one (or if I write a best seller).

I thought it was really funny because the e.d. blog said they were buying a new apple display that came with a free mac :P (because the 27" model can act as an external display)... So they compared it to the apple cinema display and dell's 30" hd display (cost wise, it's not that bad of a choice).

The new macBook looks cool, but I wish it came in black... I like how they updated the track pad and display port.

New mac mini's, still cool, but still lacking a lot of umph. I do like the idea of a mac mini server though...

One of my friends wants to see updated macPro's with dual Intel i7 Processors :P ... I think that's a bit over kill. The i7 is the max I'll go unless software manufacturers find a way to overload that, or if I wind up in at a job where I need to virtualize 20 operating systems on one computer...? (As for displays, I'm all for a 7' touch screen iMac).

The refurbished prices dropped...

Anyways, anyone have thoughts on the new apple products? :lol: I have to wait 2 years before I buy a new one or anything.

My major nit-to-pick is the new "Magic Mouse." Sure it has cool features, but "Magic Mouse." Sounds kindof lame.

The new Apple "Magic Mouse," it'll make $69 disappear right in front of your very eyes. Now you see it, now you don't.

Have you seen the new macs...? It makes me drool...

I checked out the new iMacs on the Apple site. **drooling**

The MacWorld reviews were enticing as well. Enough to make me give up Tiger? We'll see.

The 27" iMac is awesome... They can have an i7 processor... They also have 4 slots for ram and support up to 16 GB...

The available quad-core Intel Core i5 or Core i7 “Nehalem” processor in the 27-inch iMac puts four processing cores on one die. And don't get me started on the new graphics. **more drooling** I'm definitely suffering from hardware envy.

As for displays, I'm all for a 7' touch screen iMac.

Oh! A seven foot touch display. Pfft. I'm holding out for a holosuite.

My major nit-to-pick is the new "Magic Mouse." ...

Sure it looks great but I've been using a four (programmable) button trackball for years and I've yet to find anything I like better.

Yep. This could be the release that sends me over the frickin' edge.

- Thoth.

My major nit-to-pick is the new "Magic Mouse." Sure it has cool features, but "Magic Mouse." Sounds kindof lame.

The new Apple "Magic Mouse," it'll make $69 disappear right in front of your very eyes. Now you see it, now you don't.

Better than Mighty Mouse, though. :lol:

Believe it or not, this was part of the announcement that caught my eye. I've got 2 Mighty Mouses that have non-functional scroll wheels. Poor design.

As for the new computers: The iMac looks great. The MacBook, not so much. No FireWire.

-Steve

Better than Mighty Mouse, though. ;)

Believe it or not, this was part of the announcement that caught my eye. I've got 2 Mighty Mouses that have non-functional scroll wheels. Poor design.

As for the new computers: The iMac looks great. The MacBook, not so much. No FireWire.

-Steve

It's Magic mouse because another hardware manufactuer of "mice" sued Apple and won over the use of the name. The Mighty mouse is now just the Apple mouse.

I want that new iMac, did you see it can serve as an external monitor for say a macbook.

Archived