Storyist Forums

And They're Off !

Steve E

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe. I believe I original saw it on Fail Blog or I Can Has Cheez Burger, though it has circulated around to make appearances on Epic Win and other internet oddity sites like that. It's one of my favorites. :)

- J

Jules, this is hysterical. Great find jula-bula. :)

(And no, my script can't be broken down quite that way. It's more Beauty And The Beast meets Sleeping Beauty in Pittsburgh.)

Wait a second. The two cultures don't resolve their differences. In the end of one the humans are kick off the planet. In the other... well, we know what ultimately happens to the indians around the Jamestown settlement. :lol:

- Thoth.

I have pushed hard and finished at 152 pages. One page longer than James Cameron's Avatar script. ( :) )

Please note, everyone, that tomorrow is Sunday the 25th of April. So just past midnight tonight you all can create a PDF of your script and upload it to The Frenzy via the ″Page Count Validator″ on the Edit Writer Info page.

Good luck everyone.

- Thoth.

I have pushed hard and finished at 152 pages. One page longer than James Cameron's Avatar script. ( :) )

Please note, everyone, that tomorrow is Sunday the 25th of April. So just past midnight tonight you all can create a PDF of your script and upload it to The Frenzy via the ″Page Count Validator″ on the Edit Writer Info page.

Good luck everyone.

- Thoth.

Congratulations!

130 pages with one scene to go. May as well wait till I'm all done to upload the scrambled file.

I suspect I have at least 20 pages of detail that I should edit out of an actual screenplay, but even if I subtract those, I still end up with more than 100 pages.

And, most important, an ending for my story. A quite unexpected ending, too. Who knew Ivan the Terrible's mother would act like such a witch? No wonder he turned out terrible. :lol:

M

And, most important, an ending for my story. A quite unexpected ending, too. Who knew Ivan the Terrible's mother would act like such a witch? No wonder he turned out terrible. :lol:

It's always the parents.

My script ends with a 600' tree growing out the middle of Pittsburgh's warehouse district. (Yeah. It was inspired a little by Avatar.)

Good luck with your ending.

- Thoth

A 600 foot tree, sounds interesting!

Especially since it was used as a weapon, having grown from a seed to full size in mere moments. The nutrients soaked up from the deep soil resulted in a massive sinkhole around the tree that devoured the warehouse district and...well, no point in telling you the whole ending.

- Thoth

Especially since it was used as a weapon, having grown from a seed to full size in mere moments. The nutrients soaked up from the deep soil resulted in a massive sinkhole around the tree that devoured the warehouse district and...well, no point in telling you the whole ending.

- Thoth

A weapon ... like a spear?

A weapon ... like a spear?

Like a slow explosive to take out the troll fortress in Pittsburgh (where we always knew it was hidden). A fairy smuggled the seed into the fortress dungeon in her digestive track (don't ask) and planted it. (She escaped by motorcycle, by the way.)

-T

That would explain the sandwiches that arrive on the plate with French fries already in them (too much Food Channel--so sue me). :lol:

Okay. How it explains that is currently beyond my Frenzy addled mind but ... okay.

So I suppose you've heard about KFC's Double Down "sandwich" which consists of bacon, two kinds of cheeses and sauce between two pieces of fried chicken. That's right, two fried fillet of chicken chunks as a bun instead of bread, because bread doesn't have enough calories. Stick a burger or two between those chicken chunks and you've got something there.

It's the perfect sandwich for a tired and hungry scriptwriter approaching a deadline (with a side of fries).

That's right. I'm on topic.

- Thoth

So I suppose you've heard about KFC's Double Down "sandwich" which consists of bacon, two kinds of cheeses and sauce between two pieces of fried chicken. That's right, two fried fillet of chicken chunks as a bun instead of bread, because bread doesn't have enough calories.

- Thoth

You could always get the grilled one instead.

:lol:

Okay. How it explains that is currently beyond my Frenzy addled mind but ... okay.

So I suppose you've heard about KFC's Double Down "sandwich" which consists of bacon, two kinds of cheeses and sauce between two pieces of fried chicken. That's right, two fried fillet of chicken chunks as a bun instead of bread, because bread doesn't have enough calories. Stick a burger or two between those chicken chunks and you've got something there.

It's the perfect sandwich for a tired and hungry scriptwriter approaching a deadline (with a side of fries).

That's right. I'm on topic.

- Thoth

No one told you that trolls love French fries? Donuts, too. Where do you think they get their girth? :lol:

I think I do vaguely recall hearing about the "Double Down." It's stored in the same grease-befuddled part of my brain as the concept of Domino's cheese-stuffed pizza, just in case you weren't getting enough calories from the regular Domino's to participate in the U.S. obesity epidemic.

So are you officially a winner, now? I just checked the Script Frenzy site, but I don't see any change other than the notification on the home page that the page count validators are or soon will be available.

Back on topic,

M

No one told you that trolls love French fries? Donuts, too. Where do you think they get their girth? :lol:

Fresh plump babies, with a side of fries.

I think I do vaguely recall hearing about the "Double Down." It's stored in the same grease-befuddled part of my brain as the concept of Domino's cheese-stuffed pizza, just in case you weren't getting enough calories from the regular Domino's to participate in the U.S. obesity epidemic.

I think the grease-befuddled part of my brain is planning a hostile takeover.

Writing about food and grease-befuddlement always makes me hungry.

So are you officially a winner, now? I just checked the Script Frenzy site, but I don't see any change other than the notification on the home page that the page count validators are or soon will be available.

Just a second. I'll be right back...I'm back.

That took a few minutes (the validator is slow and I spent a moment saving and admiring my winner's certificate) but the validator is definitely working.

YEA! WOOT! WOOT!

post-3-1272223201_thumb.png

post-3-1272223142.png

- Thoth.

Just a second. I'll be right back...I'm back.

That took a few minutes (the validator is slow and I spent a moment saving and admiring my winner's certificate) but the validator is definitely working.

YEA! WOOT! WOOT!

- Thoth.

Yea, woot, woot, indeed!

Yes, it's up there now. I can see you listed as a winner in my buddy list. You'll see me, too, as I just uploaded my file for validation (and actually finished the screenplay at 138 pages, although for some reason Word turned it into 130). Last few bits of dialogue will curl the hair of any writing teacher on the planet until I fix them, but it's done!

Three cheers for us! Three cheers for Storyist! Over-cake and ice cream for all! :lol:

TAS, don't forget to validate your 100 pages after all that hard work. As you may notice from the general joie de vivre displayed here, the sight of your profile pic with "Winner" under it creates quite a glow.

Best,

M

We are so cool!

I saw you there, M. You too, TAS. But I feel kind of bad for Steve (Storyist), stuck at 66 pages because of all the demands we make of him. And poor Cali (astillac), who signed up but never even got her feet wet. ***sob*** Maybe she'll dump in all 100 pages on April 30th. You never can tell.

In any event... HORRAH FOR US.

Pass me a slice of upside-down overcake à la mode, flambé, with a side of chocolate dipping sauce.

Need that sugar rush.

- T

We are so cool!

I saw you there, M. You too, TAS. But I feel kind of bad for Steve (Storyist), stuck at 66 pages because of all the demands we make of him. And poor Cali (astillac), who signed up but never even got her feet wet. ***sob*** Maybe she'll dump in all 100 pages on April 30th. You never can tell.

In any event... HORRAH FOR US.

Pass me a slice of upside-down overcake à la mode, flambé, with a side of chocolate dipping sauce.

Need that sugar rush.

- T

You want fries with that? You earned them, and it will make the trolls so jealous. :lol:

Yes, what's happened to our Calli? She barely shows her face round here these days! Even Isaac checks in more often, and we know how busy he is.

Alas, poor Steve. I think he deserves a special web badge for completing 66 pages while putting out an upgrade and dealing with us at the same time. I bet he'll finish, too. He seems to be that kind of guy.

Happily munching over-cake,

M

For some reason, this iPad keyboard keeps switching to Russian, so Молодцы!

I thought "Молодцы" meant "Well done". Is it an idiom?

My neighborhood wi-fi keeps slipping in and out. Grr. Bнебрачный ребёнок !

Rusty in russian.

- Thoth

I thought "Молодцы" meant "Well done". Is it an idiom?

My neighborhood wi-fi keeps slipping in and out. Grr. Bнебрачный ребёнок !

Rusty in russian.

- Thoth

It is an idiom, but you're right. It's something people say when you've done a good job (plural, in this case).

What makes it awkward to translate is that molodets is a noun used in a context where English would supply a verb or adjectival phrase, plus there is not much connection between the meaning of the word (from "molodoi," young) and the way it is used. So its literal meaning is something like "youngster," but its actual meaning is closer to "way to go."

And now you know. :lol:

Got your file, TAS. I'll get it back to you when I can. The iPad is fine, but not for editing....

M

Archived