Storyist Forums

My Official Word Count Announcement Thread

thealtruismsociety

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was inspired by your roaring start, Fizchick, so I managed 1551 words before my fingers started to give out.

BTW: So inspired was I that I buddied you so I could easily keep track of your progress. You will be my yardstick this year :lol: . T.A.S. (philhanson) is still buddied from last year.

Have fun!

(The NaNo site is still very slow.)

-Thoth (alias Edward Jessup).

oh, you guys, thank so much for the kudos!

I'm really feeling the love.

and some shared insanity...

I really needed to hear (read?) your comments after I saw that some people got in over 9,000 words today.

Ok, I know comparing is not the healthiest thing...

totally human moment.

Write on!

bliss to you,Kristy

I was inspired by your roaring start, Fizchick, so I managed 1551 words before my fingers started to give out.

BTW: So inspired was I that I buddied you so I could easily keep track of your progress. You will be my yardstick this year :lol: . T.A.S. (philhanson) is still buddied from last year.

Have fun!

(The NaNo site is still very slow.)

-Thoth (alias Edward Jessup).

Um, thanks... I buddied you back.... I don't have a yardstick, so I shall measure with my pinkie. the one that doesn't hurt at the moment.

Clearly, a newbie and I hope I'm doing this reply right...

Um, thanks... I buddied you back.... I don't have a yardstick, so I shall measure with my pinkie. the one that doesn't hurt at the moment.

Clearly, a newbie and I hope I'm doing this reply right...

well lookie there. I think I did that.

and here I write instead of in my NoNo...

grateful for the flock.

oh, you guys, thank so much for the kudos!

Deserved.

I'm really feeling the love.

Excellent!

and some shared insanity...

Even better!

I really needed to hear (read?) your comments after I saw that some people got in over 9,000 words today.

Ok, I know comparing is not the healthiest thing...

totally human moment.

I find that number (9000 words on the first day) the tiniest bit suspicious, unless the "writer" is really a NaNo Writing Group. It's been rumored that some people do more that just outline before the starting pistol fires. (The dastards!) But it's the second and third and...tenth days that really show your mad metal. (Am I having a "totally human moment" too?)

We'll see.

I'm going out to vote now, and think up dialogue on the way!

-Thoth

Hi guys:

I buddied Edward Jessup, storyist, and Fizchick—then gave up on adding anyone else because the site was so slow. And yet my profile stubbornly insists that none of my four writing buddies are "NaNo Writing Buddies." What gives?

Congrats to all who have made progress. :lol:

Already voted (turnout very light in my district). Hoping to do some actual writing soon,

M

Hi guys:

I buddied Edward Jessup, storyist, and Fizchick—then gave up on adding anyone else because the site was so slow. And yet my profile stubbornly insists that none of my four writing buddies are "NaNo Writing Buddies." What gives?

The site was all weird yesterday and today. This morning it didn't show my word count for yesterday. Then I added this morning's work and it showed yesterday's instead. A quick check after I came back from voting and (surprise) things seemed normal (but painfully slow). An article on the home page mentions that they have been having trouble with the server and the databases themselves. Seriously, they should have had this all worked out before November 1.

Already voted (turnout very light in my district).

Same here. I was there and back in no time. No lines at all and the new optical scanners allowed me to vote in seconds. Frankly, I think the low turn-out will be bad for the Democrats.

Thanks for buddying me,

It's nice and crisp outside today. :lol: So I may do some NaNo note-taking amongst the trees.

- Thoth

I find that number (9000 words on the first day) the tiniest bit suspicious, unless the "writer" is really a NaNo Writing Group. It's been rumored that some people do more that just outline before the starting pistol fires. (The dastards!) But it's the second and third and...tenth days that really show your mad metal. (Am I having a "totally human moment" too?)

We'll see.

I'm going out to vote now, and think up dialogue on the way!

-Thoth

Yes, me too. 9,000 words is 30 pages in Times New Roman, almost 40 pages in Courier. On my absolute best writing day, I managed to write 12-13 pages from scratch (5,000 words, more or less). Maybe Nora Roberts writes 9,000 words in a single day, but I doubt anyone else does.

Cheating on NaNo: pathetic!

M

I thought you were going to send me your file, TAS. Did you not receive my PM?

But I think if you just unzip the .story file (copy it first), you will find most of what you need in the resulting folder.

M

I emailed it to the email address on your website, this morning.

Archived